(E) "Health-related activities" means the following:
(1) Taking vital signs;
(2) Application of clean dressings that do not require health assessment;
(3) Basic measurement of bodily intake and output;
(4) Oral suctioning;
(5) Use of glucometers;
(6) External urinary catheter cleaning;
(7) Emptying and replacing ostomy bags;
(8) Collection of specimens by noninvasive means;
(9) Pulse oximetry reading;
(10) Use of continuous positive airway pressure machines;
(11) Application of percussion vests;
(12) Use of cough assist devices and insufflators;
(13) Application of prescribed compression hosiery.
(G) "Metered dose inhaled medication" means a premeasured medication administered by inhalation using a hand-held dispenser or aerosol nebulizer.
(H) " Developmental disabilities personnel" means the employees and the workers under contract who provide specialized services to individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities. " Developmental disabilities personnel" includes those who provide the services as follows:
(1) Through direct employment with the department of developmental disabilities or a county board of developmental disabilities;
(2) Through an entity under contract with the department of developmental disabilities or a county board of developmental disabilities;
(3) Through direct employment or by being under contract with private entities, including private entities that operate residential facilities.
(I) "Nursing delegation" means the process established in rules adopted by the board of nursing pursuant to Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code under which a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse acting at the direction of a registered nurse transfers the performance of a particular nursing activity or task to another person who is not otherwise authorized to perform the activity or task.
(J) "Over-the-counter medication" means a drug that may be sold and purchased without a prescription.
(K) "Prescribed medication" means a drug that is to be administered according to the instructions of a licensed health professional authorized to prescribe drugs.
(N) "Topical over-the-counter musculoskeletal medication" means an over-the-counter medication that is applied topically or passes through the skin to provide relief from discomfort in the muscles, joints, or bones.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 483, §101.01, eff. 10/12/2016.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 158, §1, eff. 10/12/2016.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.127, SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 03-31-2003; 07-01-2005; 2007 HB119 06-30-2007