(A) "Adult services" has the same meaning as in section 5126.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) "Certified supported living provider" means a person or government entity certified under section 5123.161 of the Revised Code.
(C) "Drug" has the same meaning as in section 4729.01 of the Revised Code.
(D) "Family support services" has the same meaning as in section 5126.01 of the Revised Code.
(E) "Health-related activities" means the following:
(1) Taking vital signs;
(2) Application of clean dressings that do not require health assessment;
(3) Basic measurement of bodily intake and output;
(4) Oral suctioning;
(5) Use of glucometers;
(6) External urinary catheter care;
(7) Emptying and replacing colostomy bags;
(8) Collection of specimens by noninvasive means.
(F) "Licensed health professional authorized to prescribe drugs" has the same meaning as in section 4729.01 of the Revised Code.
(G) "MR/DD personnel" means the employees and the workers under contract who provide specialized services to individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities. "MR/DD personnel" includes those who provide the services as follows:
(1) Through direct employment with the department of developmental disabilities or a county board of developmental disabilities;
(2) Through an entity under contract with the department of developmental disabilities or a county board of developmental disabilities;
(3) Through direct employment or by being under contract with private entities, including private entities that operate residential facilities.
(H) "Nursing delegation" means the process established in rules adopted by the board of nursing pursuant to Chapter 4723. of the Revised Code under which a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse acting at the direction of a registered nurse transfers the performance of a particular nursing activity or task to another person who is not otherwise authorized to perform the activity or task.
(I) "Prescribed medication" means a drug that is to be administered according to the instructions of a licensed health professional authorized to prescribe drugs.
(J) "Residential facility" means a facility licensed under section 5123.19 of the Revised Code .
(K) "Specialized services" has the same meaning as in section 5123.50 of the Revised Code.
(L) "Tube feeding" means the provision of nutrition to an individual through a gastrostomy tube or a jejunostomy tube.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127,HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.127,SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 03-31-2003; 07-01-2005; 2007 HB119 06-30-2007