(A) As used in this section, " developmental disabilities employee" means all of the following:
(1) An employee of the department of developmental disabilities;
(2) An employee of a county board of developmental disabilities;
(B) At the conclusion of a review of a report of abuse, neglect, or a major unusual incident that is conducted by a review committee established pursuant to section 5123.61 of the Revised Code, the committee shall issue recommendations to the department. The department shall review the committee's recommendations and issue a report of its findings. The department shall make the report available to all of the following:
(1) The individual with a developmental disability who is the subject of the report;
(2) That individual's guardian or legal counsel;
(4) The employer of any developmental disabilities employee who allegedly committed or was responsible for the abuse, neglect, or major unusual incident.
(C) Except as provided in this section, the department shall not disclose its report to any person or government entity that is not authorized to investigate reports of abuse, neglect, or other major unusual incidents, unless the individual with a developmental disability who is the subject of the report or the individual's guardian gives the department written consent.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 158, §1, eff. 10/12/2016.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.28, SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 12-31-2003