(1) The department of developmental disabilities shall strive to achieve, not later than July 1, 2018, the following statewide reductions in ICF/IID beds:
(a) At least five hundred beds in ICFs/IID that, before becoming downsized ICFs/IID, have sixteen or more beds;
(b) At least five hundred beds in ICFs/IID with any number of beds that convert some or all of their beds from providing ICF/IID services to providing home and community-based services pursuant to section 5124.60 or 5124.61 of the Revised Code.
(2) The department shall strive to achieve a reduction of at least one thousand two hundred ICF/IID beds through a combination of the methods specified in divisions (A)(1)(a) and (b) of this section.
(3) The department shall strive to achieve the reductions specified in division (A)(1)(b) of this section in accordance with the following interim time frames:
(a) At least two hundred twenty-five ICF/IID beds converted by June 30, 2016;
(b) At least one hundred twenty-five additional ICF/IID beds converted by June 30, 2017, for a total of at least three hundred fifty beds converted by that date.
(B) In its efforts to achieve the reductions under division (A) of this section, the department shall collaborate with the Ohio association of county boards serving people with developmental disabilities, the Ohio provider resource association, the Ohio centers for intellectual disabilities formed by the Ohio health care association, and the values and faith alliance. The collaboration efforts may include the following:
(1) Identifying ICFs/IID that may reduce the number of their beds to help achieve the reductions under division (A) of this section;
(2) Encouraging ICF/IID providers to reduce the number of their ICFs/IID's beds;
Creating incentives for, and removing impediments to, the reductions;
(4) In the case of ICF/IID beds that are converted to providing home and community-based services, developing a mechanism to compensate providers for beds that permanently cease to provide ICF/IID services.
(C) The department shall meet not less than twice each year with the organizations specified in division (B) of this section to do all of the following:
(1) Review the progress being made in achieving the reductions under division (A) of this section;
(2) Prepare written reports on the progress;
(3) Identify additional measures needed to achieve the reductions.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 483, §101.01, eff. 9/15/2014.
Repealed by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §125.11.03, eff. 7/1/2018.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Related Legislative Provision: See 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §803.05.