(A) A county board of developmental disabilities shall provide service and support administration to each individual three years of age or older who is eligible for service and support administration if the individual requests, or a person on the individual's behalf requests, service and support administration. A board shall provide service and support administration to each individual receiving home and community-based services. A board may provide, in accordance with the service coordination requirements of 34 C.F.R. 303.23, service and support administration to an individual under three years of age eligible for early intervention services under 34 C.F.R. part 303. A board may provide service and support administration to an individual who is not eligible for other services of the board. Service and support administration shall be provided in accordance with rules adopted under section 5126.08 of the Revised Code.
A board may provide service and support administration by directly employing service and support administrators or by contracting with entities for the performance of service and support administration. Individuals employed or under contract as service and support administrators shall not be in the same collective bargaining unit as employees who perform duties that are not administrative.
Individuals employed by a board as service and support administrators shall not be assigned responsibilities for implementing other services for individuals and shall not be employed by or serve in a decision-making or policy-making capacity for any other entity that provides programs or services to individuals with mental retardation or developmental disabilities. An individual employed as a conditional status service and support administrator shall perform the duties of service and support administration only under the supervision of a management employee who is a service and support administration supervisor.
(B) The individuals employed by or under contract with a board to provide service and support administration shall do all of the following:
(1) Establish an individual's eligibility for the services of the county board of developmental disabilities;
(2) Assess individual needs for services;
(3) Develop individual service plans with the active participation of the individual to be served, other persons selected by the individual, and, when applicable, the provider selected by the individual, and recommend the plans for approval by the department of developmental disabilities when services included in the plans are funded through medicaid;
(4) Establish budgets for services based on the individual's assessed needs and preferred ways of meeting those needs;
(5) Assist individuals in making selections from among the providers they have chosen;
(6) Ensure that services are effectively coordinated and provided by appropriate providers;
(7) Establish and implement an ongoing system of monitoring the implementation of individual service plans to achieve consistent implementation and the desired outcomes for the individual;
(8) Perform quality assurance reviews as a distinct function of service and support administration;
(9) Incorporate the results of quality assurance reviews and identified trends and patterns of unusual incidents and major unusual incidents into amendments of an individual's service plan for the purpose of improving and enhancing the quality and appropriateness of services rendered to the individual
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.127, SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 09-26-2003; 04-14-2006; 2007 HB119 06-30-2007