(A) As used in this section, "entity" includes an agency, board, commission, or department of the state or a political subdivision of the state; a private, nonprofit entity; a school district; a private school; or a public or private institution of higher education.
(B) This section does not apply to contracts entered into under section 5162.32 or 5162.35 of the Revised Code.
(C) At the request of any public entity having authority to implement a program administered by the department of medicaid or any private entity under contract with a public entity to implement a program administered by the department, the department may seek to obtain federal financial participation for costs incurred by the entity. Federal financial participation may be sought from programs operated pursuant to Title XIX of the "Social Security Act," 42 U.S.C. 1396, et seq., and any other statute or regulation under which federal financial participation may be available, except that federal financial participation may be sought only for expenditures made with funds for which federal financial participation is available under federal law.
(D) All funds collected by the department pursuant to division (C) of this section shall be distributed to the entities that incurred the costs.
(E) In distributing federal financial participation pursuant to this section, the department may either enter into an agreement with the entity that is to receive the funds or distribute the funds in accordance with rules authorized by division (H) of this section. If the department decides to enter into an agreement to distribute the funds, the agreement may include terms that do any of the following:
(1) Provide for the whole or partial reimbursement of any cost incurred by the entity in implementing the program;
(2) In the event that federal financial participation is disallowed or otherwise unavailable for any expenditure, require the department or the entity, whichever party caused the disallowance or unavailability of federal financial participation, to assume responsibility for the expenditures;
(3) Require the entity to certify to the department the availability of sufficient unencumbered funds to match the federal financial participation the entity receives under this section;
(4) Establish the length of the agreement, which may be for a fixed or a continuing period of time;
(5) Establish any other requirements determined by the department to be necessary for the efficient administration of the agreement.
(F) An entity that receives federal financial participation pursuant to this section for a program aiding children and their families shall establish a process for collaborative planning with the department for the use of the funds to improve and expand the program.
(G) Federal financial participation received pursuant to this section shall not be included in any calculation made under section 5101.16 or 5101.161 of the Revised Code.
(H) The medicaid director may adopt rules under section 5160.02 of the Revised Code as necessary to implement this section, including rules for the distribution of federal financial participation pursuant to this section. The rules shall be adopted in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.