(A) As used in the Revised Code:
(1) "Medicaid" and "medicaid program" mean the program of medical assistance established by Title XIX of the "Social Security Act," 42 U.S.C. 1396 et seq., including any medical assistance provided under the medicaid state plan or a federal medicaid waiver granted by the United States secretary of health and human services.
(2) "Medicare" and "medicare program" mean the federal health insurance program established by Title XVIII of the "Social Security Act," 42 U.S.C. 1395 et seq.
(B) As used in this chapter:
(2) "Exchange" has the same meaning as in 45 C.F.R. 155.20.
(4) "Federal poverty line" means the official poverty line defined by the United States office of management and budget based on the most recent data available from the United States bureau of the census and revised by the United States secretary of health and human services pursuant to the "Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981," section 673(2), 42 U.S.C. 9902(2).
(5) "Healthy start component" means the component of the medicaid program that covers pregnant women and children and is identified in rules adopted under section 5162.02 of the Revised Code as the healthy start component.
(6) "Home and community-based services" means services provided under a home and community-based services medicaid waiver component.
(14) "Political subdivision" means a municipal corporation, township, county, school district, or other body corporate and politic responsible for governmental activities only in a geographical area smaller than that of the state.
(17) "Qualified medicaid school provider" means the board of education of a city, local, or exempted village school district, the governing authority of a community school established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code, the state school for the deaf, and the state school for the blind to which both of the following apply:
(a) It holds a valid provider agreement.
(18) "State agency" means every organized body, office, or agency, other than the department of medicaid, established by the laws of the state for the exercise of any function of state government.
(19) "Vendor offset" means a reduction of a medicaid payment to a medicaid provider to correct a previous, incorrect medicaid payment to that provider.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 50, SB 206, §1, eff. 3/20/2014.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.