(A) The medicaid director may do all of the following as necessary for the department of medicaid to fulfill the duties it has, as the single state agency for the medicaid program, under the "Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003" Pub. L. No. 108-173:
(1) Adopt rules in accordance with division (B) of this section;
(2) Assign duties to county departments of job and family services;
(3) Make payments to the United States department of health and human services from appropriations made to the department of medicaid for this purpose.
(B) Rules authorized by division (A)(1) of this section shall be adopted as follows:
(1) If the rules concern the department's duties regarding medicaid providers, under sections 5164.02 and 5165.02 of the Revised Code, as appropriate;
(2) If the rules concern the department's duties concerning individuals' eligibility for medicaid services, under section 5163.02 of the Revised Code;
(3) If the rules concern the department's duties concerning financial and operational matters between the department and county departments of job and family services, under section 5162.02 of the Revised Code .
History. Renumbered from § 5111.98 by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 06-30-2005