(A) The medicaid director shall enter into a contract with one or more persons to receive and process, on the director's behalf, requests for medicaid recipient or claims payment data, data from reports of audits conducted under section 5165.109 of the Revised Code, or extracts or analyses of any of the foregoing data made by persons who intend to use the items prepared pursuant to the requests for commercial or academic purposes.
(B) At a minimum, a contract entered into under this section shall do both of the following:
(1) Authorize the contracting person to engage in the activities described in division (A) of this section for compensation, which must be stated as a percentage of the fees paid by persons who are provided the items;
(2) Require the contracting person to charge for an item prepared pursuant to a request a fee in an amount equal to one hundred two per cent of the cost the department of medicaid incurs in making the data used to prepare the item available to the contracting person.
(C) Except as required by federal or state law and subject to division (E) of this section, both of the following conditions apply with respect to a request for data described in division (A) of this section:
(1) The request shall be made through a person who has entered into a contract with the medicaid director under this section.
(D) The medicaid director shall use fees the director receives pursuant to a contract entered into under this section to pay obligations specified in contracts entered under this section. Any money remaining after the obligations are paid shall be deposited in the health care services administration fund created under section 5162.54 of the Revised Code.
(E) This section does not apply to requests for medicaid recipient or claims payment data, data from reports of audits conducted under section 5165.109 of the Revised Code, or extracts or analyses of any of the foregoing data that are for any of the following purposes:
(1) Treatment of medicaid recipients;
(2) Payment of medicaid claims;
(4) Compliance with the terms of an agreement the medicaid director enters into for purposes of administering the medicaid program;
(5) Compliance with an operating protocol the executive director of the office of health transformation or the executive director's designee adopts under division (D) of section 191.06 of the Revised Code.
Amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.
Added by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 1/1/2014.