Under the medicaid buy-in for workers with disabilities program, an individual who does all of the following in accordance with rules authorized by section 5163.098 of the Revised Code qualifies for the medicaid program:
(A) Applies for the medicaid buy-in for workers with disabilities program;
(B) Provides satisfactory evidence of all of the following:
(1) That the individual is at least sixteen years of age and under sixty-five years of age;
(2) Except as provided in section 5163.096 of the Revised Code, that one of the following applies to the individual:
(a) The individual is considered disabled for the purpose of the supplemental security income program, regardless of whether the individual receives supplemental security income benefits, and the individual has earnings from employment.
(b) The individual is an employed individual with a medically improved disability.
(3) That the value of the individual's resources, less amounts disregarded pursuant to rules authorized by section 5163.098 of the Revised Code, does not exceed the amount provided for by section 5163.092 of the Revised Code;
(4) That the individual's income, less amounts disregarded pursuant to section 5163.093 of the Revised Code, does not exceed two hundred fifty per cent of the federal poverty line;
(5) That the individual meets the additional eligibility requirements for the medicaid buy-in for workers with disabilities program established in rules authorized by section 5163.098 of the Revised Code.
(C) To the extent required by section 5163.094 of the Revised Code, pays the premium established under that section.
Renumbered from § 5111.701 by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 2007 HB119 09-29-200.