(A) As used in this section, "electronic claims submission process" means any of the following:
(1) Electronic interchange of data;
(2) Direct entry of data through an internet-based mechanism implemented by the department of medicaid;
(3) Any other process for the electronic submission of claims that is specified in rules adopted under section 5162.02 of the Revised Code.
(B) Not later than January 1, 2013, and except as provided in division (C) of this section, each medicaid provider shall do both of the following:
(1) Use only an electronic claims submission process to submit to the department of medicaid claims for medicaid payment for medicaid services provided to medicaid recipients;
(2) Arrange to receive medicaid payment from the department by means of electronic funds transfer.
(C) Division (B) of this section does not apply to any of the following:
(1) A nursing facility;
(2) An ICF/IID;
(3) A medicaid managed care organization ;
(4) Any other medicaid provider or type of medicaid provider designated in rules adopted under section 5162.02 of the Revised Code.
(D) The department shall not process a medicaid claim submitted on or after January 1, 2013, unless the claim is submitted through an electronic claims submission process in accordance with this section.
Renumbered from § 5111.052 by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28,HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.