5164.721 Claims by freestanding birthing centers.

A hospital or freestanding birthing center that is a medicaid provider may submit to the department of medicaid or the department's fiscal agent a medicaid claim that is both of the following:

(A) For a long-acting reversible contraceptive device that is covered by medicaid and provided to a medicaid recipient during the period after the recipient gives birth in the hospital or center and before the recipient is discharged from that location;

(B) Separate from another medicaid claim for other inpatient care the hospital or center provides to the medicaid recipient.

Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, SB 332, §1, eff. 4/6/2017.