(A) Whenever a nursing facility receives a statement of deficiencies under section 5165.68 of the Revised Code, the facility shall submit to the department of health for its approval a plan of correction for each finding cited in the statement. The plan shall include all of the following:
(1) Detailed descriptions of the actions the facility will take to correct each finding , including actions the facility will take to protect residents situated similarly to the residents affected by the causes of the findings;
(2) The date by which each finding will be corrected ;
(3) A detailed description of an ongoing monitoring and improvement process to be used at the facility that is focused on preventing any recurrence of the causes of the findings;
(4) If the plan concerns a finding assigned a severity level indicating that a resident was harmed or immediate jeopardy exists, all of the following:
(a) Detailed analyses of the facts and circumstances of the finding, including identification of its cause;
(b) A detailed explanation of how the corrective actions described pursuant to division (A)(1) of this section relate to the cause of the finding identified pursuant to division (A)(4)(a) of this section;
(c) A detailed explanation of the relationship between the ongoing monitoring and improvement process described pursuant to division (A)(3) of this section and the cause of the finding identified pursuant to division (A)(4)(a) of this section.
(5) If the plan concerns a finding cited pursuant to division (E) of section 5165.66 of the Revised Code, a description of the actions the facility took to correct the finding and the date on which it was corrected.
(1) The department shall approve any plan, and any modification of an existing plan a nursing facility submits to the department, that does both of the following:
(a) Conforms to the requirements for approval of plans of corrections, and modifications, established in the regulations, guidelines, and procedures issued by the United States secretary of health and human services under Title XVIII and Title XIX ;
(b) Includes all the information required by division (A) of this section.
(2) The department may consult with the department of medicaid, department of aging, and office of the state long-term care ombudsman program when determining whether a plan, or modification of an existing plan, to which division (A)(4) of this section applies conforms to the requirements for approval. The department of health has sole authority to make the determination regardless of whether it consults with the other departments or office. The department shall not reject a facility's plan of correction or modification on the ground that the facility disputes the finding, if the plan or modification is reasonably calculated to correct the finding.
(C) A facility that complies with this section shall not be considered to have admitted the existence of a finding cited by the department.
Renumbered from § 5111.43 by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Effective Date: 12-13-1990