(A) To be effective and entitled to recording, the notice referred to in section 5301.51 of the Revised Code shall satisfy all of the following:
(1) Be in the form of an affidavit;
(2) State the nature of the claim to be preserved and the names and addresses of the persons for whose benefit the notice is being filed;
(3) Contain an accurate and full description of all land affected by the notice, which description shall be set forth in particular terms and not by general inclusions, except that if the claim is founded upon a recorded instrument, the description in the notice may be the same as that contained in such recorded instrument;
(4) State the name of each record owner of the land affected by the notice, at the time of its recording, together with the recording information of the instrument by which each record owner acquired title to the land;
(5) Be made by any person who has knowledge of the relevant facts or is competent to testify concerning them in court.
(B) The notice shall be filed for record in the office of the recorder of the county or counties where the land described in it is situated. The recorder of each county shall accept all such notices presented to him which describe land situated in the county in which he serves, shall enter and record them in the deed records of that county, and shall index each notice in the grantee deed index under the names of the claimants appearing in that notice and in the grantor deed index under the names of the record owners appearing in that notice. Such notices also shall be indexed under the description of the real estate involved in a book set apart for that purpose to be known as the "Notice Index." Each recorder may charge the same fees for the recording of such notices as are charged for recording deeds.
(C) A notice prepared, executed, and recorded in conformity with the requirements of this section, or a certified copy of it, shall be accepted as evidence of the facts stated insofar as they affect title to the land affected by that notice.
(D) Any person who knowingly makes any false statement in a notice executed under this section is guilty of perjury under section 2921.11 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 05-31-1988