5305.02 Petition for dower.

A surviving spouse may file a petition for dower in the court of common pleas, against the heir, or other person having the next immediate estate of inheritance or other estate or interest therein, setting forth the right thereto, and describing the tracts of land in which dower is claimed. On the hearing the court shall render such judgment as appears just and consistent with the rights of the parties interested.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .