(A) Except as otherwise prohibited by this section, any member of a unit owners association may examine and copy the books, records, and minutes described in division (A) of section 5311.09 of the Revised Code pursuant to reasonable standards set forth in the declaration, bylaws, or rules the board promulgates, which may include, but are not limited to, standards governing the type of documents that are subject to examination and copying, the times and locations at which those documents may be examined or copied, and the specification of a reasonable fee for copying the documents.
(B) The unit owners association is not required to permit the examination and copying of any of the following from books, records, and minutes:
(1) Information that pertains to condominium property-related personnel matters;
(2) Communications with legal counsel or attorney work product pertaining to pending litigation or other condominium property-related matters;
(3) Information that pertains to contracts or transactions currently under negotiation, or information that is contained in a contract or other agreement containing confidentiality requirements and that is subject to those requirements;
(4) Information that relates to the enforcement of the declaration, bylaws, or rules of the unit owners association against unit owners;
(5) Information the disclosure of which is prohibited by state or federal law.
Cite as R.C. § 5311.091
History. Effective Date: 07-20-2004