(A) The division of criminal justice services in the department of public safety shall prepare a poster and a brochure that describe safe firearms practices. The poster and brochure shall contain typeface that is at least one-quarter inch tall. The division shall furnish copies of the poster and brochure free of charge to each federally licensed firearms dealer in this state.
As used in this division, "federally licensed firearms dealer" means an importer, manufacturer, or dealer having a license to deal in destructive devices or their ammunition, issued and in effect pursuant to the federal "Gun Control Act of 1968," 82 Stat. 1213, 18 U.S.C. 923 et seq., and any amendments or additions to that act or reenactments of that act.
(1) The division of criminal justice services shall create a poster that provides information regarding the national human trafficking resource center hotline. The poster shall be no smaller than eight and one-half inches by eleven inches in size and shall include a statement in substantially the following form:
"If you or someone you know is being forced to engage in any activity and cannot leave whether it is commercial sex, housework, farm work, or any other activity call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 to access help and services.
Victims of human trafficking are protected under U.S. and Ohio law.
The toll-free Hotline is:
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Operated by a non-profit, non-governmental organization
- Anonymous & confidential
- Accessible in 170 languages
- Able to provide help, referral to services, training, and general information."
The statement shall appear on each poster in English, Spanish, and, for each county, any other language required for voting materials in that county under section 1973aa-1a of the "Voting Rights Act of 1965," 79 Stat. 437, 42 U.S.C. 1973, as amended. In addition to the national human trafficking resource center hotline, the statement may contain any additional hotlines regarding human trafficking for access to help and services.
(2) The division shall make the poster available for print on its public web site and shall make the poster available to and encourage its display at each of the following places:
(a) A highway truck stop;
(f) A hospital or urgent care center;
(g) Any place where there is occurring a contest for the championship of a division, conference, or league of a professional athletic association or of a national collegiate athletic association division I intercollegiate sport or where there is occurring an athletic competition at which cash prizes are awarded to individuals or teams;
(h) Any establishment operating as a massage parlor, massage spa, alternative health clinic, or similar entity by persons who do not hold a valid certificate from the state medical board to practice massage therapy under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code;
(i) A fair.
(3) As used in this section:
(a) "Fair" means the annual exposition conducted by any county or independent agricultural society or the Ohio expositions commission.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.142, HB 262, §1, eff. 6/27/2012.
Effective Date: 06-30-2005 .