5505.34 Recovering erroneous payments.

If a person who is a disability benefit recipient or an alternate payee, as defined in section 3105.80 of the Revised Code, is paid any benefit or payment by the state highway patrol retirement system to which the person is not entitled, the person shall repay the retirement system. If the person fails to repay, the retirement system shall withhold the amount due from any benefit or payment due the person or may collect the amount in any other manner provided by law.

Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.16, HB 123, §101, eff. 7/29/2011.

Effective Date: 01-01-2002