(A) The director of transportation, in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, may adopt such rules as the director considers advisable for the control and regulation of traffic on any toll project, for the protection and preservation of property under the jurisdiction and control of the department of transportation, for the maintenance and preservation of good order within the property under its control, and for the purpose of establishing owner or operator liability for failure to comply with toll collection rules.
(B) The rules shall provide that all of the following persons shall be afforded ready access, while in the performance of their official duties, to all property under the jurisdiction of the department of transportation and without the payment of any user fee:
(1) Public police officers;
(2) Operators of municipal, township, county, and state maintenance vehicles;
(3) Operators of United States military vehicles traveling in a convoy;
(4) Operators of official emergency response vehicles.
(C) No person shall violate any such rules of the department of transportation.
(1) All fines collected for the violation of applicable laws of the state and the rules of the department of transportation or money arising from bonds forfeited for such violation shall be disposed of in accordance with section 5503.04 of the Revised Code.
(2) All fees or charges assessed by the department of transportation in accordance with this section against an owner or operator of a vehicle as a civil violation for failure to comply with toll collection rules shall be revenues of the department.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 533, §1, eff. 9/11/2014.
Added by 128th General Assemblych.7, HB 2, §101.01, eff. 7/1/2009.