(1) "Axle" means one or more load-carrying wheels mounted in a single transverse vertical plane.
(2) "Spacing between axles" means the distance between any two successive such planes.
(3) "Maximum axle load" means the gross weight of vehicle and load imposed by any axle upon the road surface.
(4) "Maximum wheel load" means the proportionate gross weight of vehicle and load imposed by any wheel upon the road surface.
(5) "Automobile transporter" means any vehicle combination designed and used expressly for the transport of assembled motor vehicles.
(6) "Stinger-steered automobile transporter" means any automobile transporter configured as a semitrailer combination in which the fifth wheel is located on a drop frame located behind and below the rearmost axle of the power unit.
(7) "Boat transporter" means any vehicle combination, including a straight truck towing a trailer typically using a ball and socket connection, designed and used specifically for the transport of boat hulls and boats, whether the hulls or boats are assembled or partially disassembled to facilitate transportation.
(8) "Stinger-steered boat transporter" means a boat transporter configured as a semitrailer combination in which the fifth wheel is located on a drop frame located behind and below the rearmost axle of the power unit.
(9) "Assembled" means, in regard to motor vehicles, capable of being driven.
(10) "B-train assembly" means any rigid frame extension that is attached to the rear frame of one semitrailer and provides a fifth wheel connection point for a second semitrailer.
(11) "Saddlemount vehicle transporter combination" means any combination of vehicles in which a straight truck or commercial tractor tows one or more straight trucks or commercial tractors, each connected by a saddle to the frame or fifth wheel of the straight truck or commercial tractor in front of it. Such a combination may include a fullmount, in which a smaller vehicle is mounted completely on the frame of either the first or last straight truck or commercial tractor in the saddlemount combination.
Effective Date: 06-30-1993