5579.01 Appropriation of drainage rights or easements.

The director of transportation, board of county commissioners, or board of township trustees, may, in connection with any road improvement, appropriate any drainage rights outside the line of a highway, or any easement, right, or interest in any property desired for any proposed improvement. In case such official or boards desire to appropriate the drainage right, easements, right, or interest in any property in connection with any existing highway, the same may be done in the manner provided by sections 5549.04 to 5549.09 of the Revised Code. Any land or property rights required for the construction of a new bridge, or for any additions or repairs to an existing bridge, may be acquired in like manner.

Effective Date: 09-28-1973 .