(A) There is hereby created in the state treasury the military injury relief fund, which shall consist of money contributed to it under sections 4503.535 and 5747.113 of the Revised Code and of contributions made directly to it. Any person or entity may contribute directly to the fund in addition to or independently of the income tax refund contribution system established in section 5747.113 of the Revised Code.
(B) Upon application, the director of veterans services shall grant money in the fund to individuals injured while in active service as a member of the armed forces of the United States while serving after October 7, 2001, and to individuals diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder while serving, or after having served, after October 7, 2001.
(C) An individual who receives a grant under this section is precluded from receiving additional grants under this section during the same state fiscal year but is not precluded from being considered for or receiving other assistance offered by the department of veterans services.
(D) The director shall adopt rules under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code establishing:
(1) Forms and procedures by which individuals may apply for a grant under this section;
(2) Criteria for reviewing, evaluating, and approving or denying grant applications;
(3) Criteria for determining the amount of grants awarded under this section;
(4) Definitions and standards applicable to determining whether an individual meets the requirements established in division (B) of this section;
(5) The process for appealing eligibility determinations; and
(6) Any other rules necessary to administer the grant program established in this section.
(E) An eligibility determination, a grant approval, or a grant denial made under this section may not be appealed under Chapter 119. or any other provision of the Revised Code.
Transferred and amended by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 64, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2015.