(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Continuing education" means continuing education required of a licensee by law and includes, but is not limited to, the continuing education required of licensees under sections 3737.881, 3781.10, 4701.11, 4715.141, 4715.25, 4717.09, 4723.24, 4725.16, 4725.51, 4730.14, 4730.49, 4731.281, 4734.25, 4735.141, 4736.11, 4741.16, 4741.19, 4751.07, 4755.63, 4757.33, 4759.06, 4761.06, and 4763.07 of the Revised Code.
(2) "License" means a license, certificate, permit, or other authorization issued or conferred by a licensing agency under which a licensee may engage in a profession, occupation, or occupational activity.
(3) "Licensee" means a person to whom all of the following apply:
(a) The person has been issued a license by a licensing agency.
(b) The person is a member of the Ohio national guard, the Ohio military reserve, the Ohio naval militia, or a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States.
(c) The person has been called to active duty, whether inside or outside the United States, because of an executive order issued by the president of the United States or an act of congress, or upon the order of the governor, for a period in excess of thirty-one days.
(4) "Licensing agency" means any state department, division, board, commission, agency, or other state governmental unit authorized by the Revised Code to issue a license.
(5) "Reporting period" means the period of time during which a licensee must complete the number of hours of continuing education required of the licensee by law.
(B) Each licensing agency, upon receiving an application from one of its licensees that is accompanied by proper documentation certifying that the licensee has been called to active duty as described in division (A)(3)(c) of this section during the current or a prior reporting period and certifying the length of that active duty, shall extend the current reporting period by an amount of time equal to the total number of months that the licensee spent on active duty during the current reporting period. For purposes of this division, any portion of a month served on active duty shall be considered one full month.
Effective Date: 04-10-2001; 05-17-2006; 2007 HB372 03-24-2008