(A) As used in this section:
(1) "Continuing education" means continuing education required of a licensee by law and includes, but is not limited to, the continuing education required of licensees under sections 3737.881, 3781.10, 4701.11, 4715.141, 4715.25, 4717.09, 4723.24, 4725.16, 4725.51, 4730.14, 4730.49, 4731.281, 4734.25, 4735.141, 4736.11, 4741.16, 4741.19, 4751.07, 4755.63, 4757.33, 4759.06, 4761.06, and 4763.07 of the Revised Code.
(2) "License" means a license, certificate, permit, or other authorization issued or conferred by a licensing agency under which a licensee may engage in a profession, occupation, or occupational activity.
(3) "Licensee" means a person to whom all of the following apply:
(a) The person has been issued a license by a licensing agency.
(b) The person has been a member of the armed forces of the United States, the Ohio national guard, the Ohio military reserve, the Ohio naval militia, the national guard of any other state, or a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States.
(c) The person has served on active duty, whether inside or outside the United States, for a period in excess of thirty-one days.
(4) "Licensing agency" means any state department, division, board, commission, agency, or other state governmental unit authorized by the Revised Code to issue a license.
(5) "Reporting period" means the period of time during which a licensee must complete the number of hours of continuing education required of the licensee by law.
(B) A licensee may submit an application to a licensing agency, stating that the licensee requires an extension of the current reporting period because the licensee has served on active duty as described in division (A)(3)(c) of this section during the current or a prior reporting period . The licensee shall submit proper documentation certifying the active duty service and the length of that active duty service. Upon receiving the application and proper documentation, the licensing agency shall extend the current reporting period by an amount of time equal to the total number of months that the licensee spent on active duty during the current reporting period. For purposes of this division, any portion of a month served on active duty shall be considered one full month.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 45, HB 98, §1, eff. 11/15/2013.
Effective Date: 04-10-2001; 05-17-2006; 2007 HB372 03-24-2008