(A) As used in this chapter:
(1) "Armed forces of the United States" has the same meaning as in section 5903.11 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Domiciliary" means a separate area within the Ohio veterans' home providing domiciliary care.
(3) "Domiciliary care" means providing shelter, food, and necessary medical care on an ambulatory self-care basis to eligible veterans who do not need the nursing services provided in nursing homes.
(4) "Nursing home" has the same meaning as in section 3721.01 of the Revised Code.
(5) " Veteran" has the same meaning as in section 5901.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) There are hereby established the Ohio veterans' homes within the department of veterans services. The department shall maintain and operate state veterans' homes as administered under the state veterans' home programs defined in Title 38 of the United States Code.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.54,HB 449, §1, eff. 9/17/2010.
Effective Date: 03-14-2003; 2008 SB289 08-22-2008