(A) The following persons, if subject to duty in the Ohio organized militia, may be exempted by the adjutant general from duty on request:
(1) The vice-president of the United States;
(2) The officers, judicial and executive, of the departments of the state and of the United States, and the members of the general assembly, without regard to age;
(3) Members of the armed forces of the United States or their reserve components;
(4) Customhouse clerks;
(5) Employees of the United States postal service;
(6) Workers employed in armories, arsenals, or naval shipyards of the United States;
(7) Pilots on the navigable waters of the United States;
(8) Mariners licensed by the United States.
(B) Any person because of religious belief or other moral conviction held as a matter of conscience may claim exemption from Ohio organized militia service.
Effective Date: 09-18-1997 .