(A) Subject to section 5924.17 of the Revised Code, general courts-martial have jurisdiction to try persons subject to this code for any offense made punishable by this code and may, under any limitations that the governor may prescribe, adjudge any of the following punishments:
(1) A fine of not more than two thousand five hundred dollars or confinement for not more than three hundred sixty-five days;
(2) Forfeiture of all pay and allowances;
(4) Dismissal and dishonorable discharge or a bad conduct discharge;
(5) Reduction of a noncommissioned officer to the lowest or any intermediate rank;
(6) Any combination of the foregoing punishments.
(B) A general court-martial may not adjudge dismissal or dishonorable discharge unless a complete record of the proceedings and testimony is made, counsel having the qualifications prescribed under division (B) of section 5924.27 of the Revised Code is detailed to represent the accused, and a military judge is detailed to the trial.
Cite as R.C. § 5924.18
History. Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.138, HB 490, §1, eff. 9/28/2012.
Effective Date: 07-17-1970