(A) Any employees of a political subdivision who are in the classified service under Chapter 124. of the Revised Code, and who because of the transfer of a facility of such political subdivision to a regional water and sewer district become the employees of such district, shall, while in the continuous employment of such district, not be reduced in pay or position, suspended, or removed except in accordance with section 124.34 of the Revised Code.
(B) Division (C) of this section applies to the persons described in that division and to all former employees of a municipal corporation who:
(1) Were employed in the municipal departments responsible for supplying water or for collecting, treating, and disposing of waste water;
(2) Were granted employment rights and protection under the charter of the municipal corporation or provisions adopted pursuant to the charter similar to those granted to employees in the classified state service under Chaper 124. of the Revised Code; and
(3) Lost their employment with the municipal corporation because of the creation or expansion of a regional water and sewer district or because of the transfer of a facility of the municipal corporation to a regional water and sewer district and became employees of the district after the creation, expansion, or transfer.
(C) All persons described in division (B) of this section shall, while employed by the district, be subject to the provisions of Chapter 124. of the Revised Code that govern the appointment, promotion, transfer, reinstatement, lay-off, reduction in pay or position, suspension, removal, and political activity of employees in the classified state service, and for the purposes of these provisions shall be treated as if they were employees in the classified state service. This division also applies to all persons employed by a regional water and sewer district after persons described in divisions (B)(1), (2), and (3) of this section become employees of the district.
(D) As used in this section:
(1) "Regional water and sewer district" includes a district organized under this chapter that has been designated as either a regional water district or a regional sewer district as provided in division (U) of section 6119.011 of the Revised Code.
(2) "State service" has the same meaning as given in section 124.01 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 10-22-1980