(A) The office of workforce development within the department of job and family services shall comprehensively review the direct and indirect economic impact of businesses engaged in the production of horizontal wells in this state and, based on its findings, prepare an annual Ohio workforce report. The report shall include at least all of the following with respect to the industry:
(1) The total number of jobs created or retained during the previous year;
(2) The total number of Ohio-based contractors that employ skilled construction trades;
(3) The number of employees who are residents of this state;
(4) The total economic impact;
(5) A review of the state's regional workforce development plans required by the "Workforce Investment Act of 1998," 112 Stat. 936, 29 U.S.C.A. 2801, as amended, that outline workforce development efforts including goals and benchmarks toward maximizing job training, education, and job creation opportunities in the state.
(B) Upon the completion of the office's annual Ohio workforce report, the office shall provide an electronic copy of the report to the president and minority leader of the senate and the speaker and minority leader of the house of representatives and post it on the office's internet web site.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 22, HB 1, §1, eff. 9/27/2013.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.125, SB 315, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.