(A) The contracting parties may amend the contract to add to a joint economic development district any area that was not originally included in the district when the contract took effect. Area may be added only if the area satisfies the criteria prescribed under section 715.73 of the Revised Code.
(B) An amendment adding area to a district shall be approved by a resolution or ordinance adopted by each of the contracting parties. The contracting parties shall conduct public hearings on the amendment, provide notice, and deliver a copy of the amendment to the legislative authority of the county in which the added area is located in the manner required under section 715.75 of the Revised Code for original contracts. The legislative authority of a county that is a contracting party under division (D) of section 715.72 of the Revised Code is entitled to a copy of the amendment as if the county were not a contracting party. The contracting parties shall make available for public inspection a copy of the amendment, a description of the area to be added to the district, and a map of that area in sufficient detail to denote the specific boundaries of the area and to indicate any zoning restrictions applicable to the area.
(C) After adopting resolutions or ordinances approving the addition of the area, the contracting parties jointly shall file with the legislative authority of the county in which the added area is located the documents required to be filed under section 715.76 of the Revised Code, except that:
(1) A copy of the amendment to the contract shall be filed in lieu of a copy of the contract.
(2) The description and map shall be of the area to be added instead of the entire area of the district.
(3) The economic development plan need not be filed.
(4) Certified copies of the resolutions and ordinances approving the amendment shall be filed.
(5) The certificates otherwise required under division (E) of section 715.76 of the Revised Code shall certify that the hearings required under division (B) of this section have been held, shall indicate the date of those hearings, and shall include evidence that notice of the hearings was published.
(6) The petition otherwise required under division (F) of section 715.76 of the Revised Code shall be signed by a majority of the owners of property located in the area to be added to the district, the petition otherwise required under division (G) of that section shall be signed by a majority of the owners of businesses, if any, located in the area to be added to the district, and the petitions shall specify that the documents described in division (B) of this section are available for public inspection as otherwise required under section 715.75 of the Revised Code.
(D) The resolution of a board of township trustees approving an amendment adding area to an existing joint economic development district is not required to be submitted to the electors of the township.
Repealed by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 182, §2, eff. 9/13/2016.
Effective Date: 03-22-1999; 2008 SB129 12-30-2008