719.19 Interested parties may give bond.

Before or after the passage of an ordinance for opening a street or other public highway, any person may execute his bond, payable to the municipal corporation to the acceptance of its legislative authority, conditioned for the payment of all damage which may be assessed by a jury. Such bond shall be good in law, and if such person pays or deposits according to the order of court, then such street or other highway shall be opened; or, the municipal corporation may make such payment or deposit, and collect the amount of the damages of such person or his sureties.

Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .