In any county in which, prior to May 20, 1920, there has been constructed and maintained a joint municipal and county workhouse, either the municipal corporation or the county may withdraw therefrom, may decline to further participate in the expense of maintaining such institution, and may sell its interest in such institution.
In the event of a sale thereof by such municipal corporation or county, the proceeds thereof shall be used in the payment of such indebtedness as was incurred in behalf of such municipal corporation or county in the management, control, and operation of such workhouse, and any balance remaining shall be placed in the general fund of such municipal corporation or county.
Cite as R.C. § 753.14
History. Effective Date: 10-01-1953