(A) No person shall distribute in this state any type of fertilizer in packages unless the packages have placed on or affixed to them in legibly written or printed form the following:
(1) Net weight of the contents;
(2) Brand and product name;
(3) Name and address of the manufacturer or distributor that appears on the license or registration;
(4) Grade expressed in whole numbers only for all mixed fertilizers except specialty fertilizers;
(5) Guaranteed analysis.
(B) No person shall distribute any type of fertilizer in this state in bulk unless the purchaser is supplied, upon delivery, with a shipping invoice containing the following information:
(1) Name and address of the licensee, or registrant;
(2) Name and address of the purchaser, and county of destination;
(3) Date of sale;
(4) Product name;
(5) Net weight;
(6) Grade expressed in whole numbers only for all mixed fertilizers, and other claims, if any. The weight and grade of each material in the mixture and the total weight of the mixture may be stated in lieu of a statement of the grade of the mixture.
(C) No person shall distribute in this state any type of fertilizer in bulk unless the bulk storage is properly labeled with the information required by divisions (B)(1), (4), and (6) of this section. Shipping invoices shall be available for all bulk fertilizer stored at locations other than a place of manufacture.
(D) No person shall manufacture or distribute in this state mixed fertilizer in bulk unless the fertilizers and other materials combined to create the mixed fertilizer are uniformly mixed and present in equal percentages throughout the mixed fertilizer. The director of agriculture may take samples and use the information provided to the purchaser under division (B) of this section to analyze any mixed fertilizer in bulk and determine whether it has been uniformly mixed.
Effective Date: 10-29-1996