(A) The director of agriculture shall provide inspection and supervision of all processing operations at establishments licensed under section 918.28 of the Revised Code and make ante-mortem inspections of poultry to the extent the director considers necessary to assure a wholesome product.
Whenever processing operations are being conducted, the director shall make post-mortem inspection of the carcass of each bird processed at such establishment, and at any time may order such quarantine, segregation, retention, or reinspection as is determined necessary of poultry and poultry products capable of use as human food. If, upon inspection, symptoms of disease or other conditions are found that would render the poultry or poultry products unwholesome or unfit for human food, such poultry or poultry products shall be condemned, identified, and disposed of as required by rules adopted under section 918.25 of the Revised Code.
(B) Establishments licensed under section 918.28 of the Revised Code shall:
(1) Furnish satisfactory facilities and assistance for inspectors as required by the director;
(2) Operate such establishments during reasonable hours;
(3) Keep the director informed in advance of intended hours of operation;
(4) Accept times of operation as designated by the director when the volume processed at a plant is so small as to require only a part-time inspector to be on duty at the plant;
(5) Reimburse the division of meat inspection for inspection services of more than eight hours in any given day, of more than forty hours in any given week Sunday through Saturday, or on any holiday as specified in division (A) of section 124.19 of the Revised Code at a rate established in rules adopted by the director under Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 03-22-2001