(1) Develop markets for the agricultural commodity for which the marketing program was established;
(2) Advertise and otherwise promote the sale of such agricultural commodity;
(3) Assemble and distribute market information for such agricultural commodity;
(4) Research and survey markets for and the marketing of such agricultural commodity;
(5) Conduct research to improve production of and develop new uses for such agricultural commodity;
(6) Contract with qualified organizations, agencies, or individuals to carry out any of the above activities;
(7) Contribute to a national or regional marketing program for such agricultural commodity if the national or regional program is exclusively for the promotion, research, marketing, and sale of the commodity; and
(8) Engage in educational programs directed toward better and more efficient utilization of agricultural commodities.
(B) If the proposed program provided for in division (B) of section 924.04 of the Revised Code recommends that the operating committee for the marketing program be elected by the producers of the commodity instead of appointed by the director under section 924.07 of the Revised Code, the marketing program shall include nomination and election procedures.
Cite as R.C. § 924.03
History. Effective Date: 07-27-1990