(A) The director of agriculture shall monitor the activities of the grain marketing program operating committee to ensure all of the following:
(1) The grain marketing program is self-supporting.
(2) The operating committee keeps all records that are required for agencies of the state.
(3) The program's operations comply with all of the following:
(a) The provisions of the program;
(4) Administrative activities of the committee are coordinated with those of the department of agriculture.
(B) Not later than ninety days after the effective date of this section, the director shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that are necessary to carry out the purposes of sections 924.20 to 924.30 of the Revised Code. The rules shall include all of the following:
(1) Deadlines and nomination procedures for the placement of persons on the ballot for election to the grain marketing program operating committee;
(2) The terms of office of members of the operating committee, including the staggering of terms for the initial members;
(3) Insofar as possible, requirements providing for the equitable distribution of members on the operating committee by geographic and production areas of the state.
Cite as R.C. § 924.25
History. Effective Date: 2007 HB217 03-24-2008
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §4