(A) For purposes of sections 924.40 to 924.46 of the Revised Code, the director of agriculture shall adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that establish procedures and requirements that are necessary to administer and implement a marketing agreement executed under those sections for an agricultural commodity or a region of the state concerning an agricultural commodity that is the subject of the marketing agreement.
(B) For purposes of sections 924.40 to 924.45 of the Revised Code, the director may do all of the following:
(1) Approve a marketing agreement;
(2) Terminate a marketing agreement executed under those sections if any of the following applies:
(a) The director finds that the agreement or any terms of the agreement violate state or federal law.
(b) A producer is engaging in malfeasance, disparagement, or unfair trade practices.
(c) The number of producers that signed the marketing agreement becomes fewer than the minimum number of producers that are necessary for the administration of the marketing agreement to be financially self-supporting.
(3) Enter and inspect a facility of a producer that signed a marketing agreement to ensure compliance with the marketing agreement. The director may delegate that authority to another person or contract with another person to exercise that authority.
(4) Adopt rules in accordance with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code that establish civil penalties that the director may assess against a person that signed a marketing agreement who violates its terms or who violates sections 924.40 to 924.45 of the Revised Code and rules adopted under those sections;
(5) Enforce rules under sections 924.40 to 924.45 of the Revised Code.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.144,SB 309, §1, eff. 12/26/2012.