(A) The Ohio grape industries committee may:
(1) Conduct, and contract with others to conduct, research, including the study, analysis, dissemination, and accumulation of information obtained from the research or elsewhere, concerning the marketing and distribution of grapes and grape products, the storage, refrigeration, processing, and transportation of them, and the production and product development of grapes and grape products. The committee shall expend for these activities no more than seventy per cent of all money it receives from the Ohio grape industries fund created under section 924.54 of the Revised Code.
(2) Provide the wholesale and retail trade with information relative to proper methods of handling and selling grapes and grape products;
(3) Make or contract for market surveys and analyses, undertake any other similar activities that it determines are appropriate for the maintenance and expansion of present markets and the creation of new and larger markets for grapes and grape products, and make, in the name of the committee, contracts to render service in formulating and conducting plans and programs and such other contracts or agreements as the committee considers necessary for the promotion of the sale of grapes and grape products. The committee shall expend for these activities no more than seventy per cent of all money it receives from the fund.
(4) Publish and distribute to producers and others information relating to the grape and grape product industries;
(5) Propose to the director of agriculture for adoption, rescission, or amendment, pursuant to Chapter 119. of the Revised Code, rules necessary for the exercise of its powers and the performance of its duties;
(6) Advertise for, post notices seeking, or otherwise solicit applicants to serve in administrative positions in the department of agriculture as employees who support the administrative functions of the committee. Applications shall be submitted to the committee. The committee shall select applicants that it wishes to recommend for employment and shall submit a list of the recommended applicants to the director.
(7) For the purpose of promoting the grape industry, provide to producers and persons that grow grapes in this state grape plants, grape vines, equipment, and material to assist in the production of grapes and grape products.
(B) The committee shall:
(1) Promote the sale of grapes and grape products for the purpose of maintaining and expanding present markets and creating new and larger intrastate, interstate, and foreign markets for grapes and grape products, and inform the public of the uses and benefits of grapes and grape products;
(2) Perform all acts and exercise all powers incidental to, in connection with, or considered reasonably necessary, proper, or advisable to effectuate the purposes of this section.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.42, HB 229, §1, eff. 10/17/2011.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 6/30/2011.
Effective Date: 03-22-2001
Related Legislative Provision: See 129th General AssemblyFile No.39, SB 171, §4