(A) No person shall sell or offer for sale or distribute any nursery stock which:
(1) Is not securely labeled in accordance with the "International Code of Nomenclature for Cultivated Plants" with the complete correct botanical or approved common name as recognized by the latest edition of:
(a) "Wyman's Gardening Encyclopedia";
(b) Bailey's "Hortus III"; or
(c) Other authoritative works and checklists.
(2) Is labeled with any incorrect or misleading information about such nursery stock;
(3) Is not labeled as a collected plant if it is such;
(4) Is infested by, or infected with, a plant pest or is not otherwise sound and healthy;
(5) Has not been stored or displayed under conditions which will maintain its vigor;
(6) Is dead or seriously weakened by drying or by excessive heat or cold;
(7) Has been mechanically or otherwise treated to the extent of concealing its true condition;
(8) For any other cause in such condition that it will not grow satisfactorily when given reasonable care;
(9) Has been placed under seizure or stop sale because of noncompliance with this section.
(B) Nothing in this section prevents the sale of color mixtures within types or species of flowering bulbs or herbaceous plants when sold as such.
(C) No person shall disseminate any false or misleading claim or advertisement concerning the vigor, vitality, rate of growth, yield capability, color of flower or foliage, or other growth or performance characteristic of any nursery stock, or make any claim that cannot be substantiated by a state or federal agricultural experiment station.
Effective Date: 07-27-1990