As used in this chapter:
(A) "Agriculture" has the same meaning as in section 1.61 of the Revised Code.
(B) "Best management practices" means the engagement of agricultural production and management, including practices such as manure handling, tillage, forestry management, and similar practices, in a manner that is generally accepted in the agriculture industry and that is approved by any of the following:
(1) The United States department of agriculture;
(2) The natural resources conservation service in the United States department of agriculture;
(3) The department of natural resources;
(4) A soil and water conservation district established under Chapter 1515. of the Revised Code;
(5) With respect to organic or sustainable production methods, a conservation professional whom the director of agriculture approves as having expertise in those methods.
(C) "Contiguous farmland" means any of the following:
(1) Geographically contiguous property used for agriculture;
(2) Noncontiguous property used for agriculture that is owned by one person and connected by a right-of-way that the person controls and to which the public does not have access;
(3) Two or more pieces of property used for agriculture that would be geographically contiguous but for the fact that the property is separated by a public or private right-of-way or rights-of-way or by rivers, streams, creeks, or other bodies of water.
Effective Date: 05-18-2005