(A) A person that possesses a dangerous wild animal on the effective date of this section shall register the animal with the director of agriculture in accordance with this section not later than sixty days after the effective date of this section.
(B) A person shall register a dangerous wild animal on a form prescribed and provided by the director. The form shall include all of the following:
(1) The name, address, social security number, and federal employer identification number, if applicable, of the person registering the dangerous wild animal;
(2) If different from the information provided under division (B)(1) of this section, the name and address of the location where the dangerous wild animal is confined;
(3) A description of the dangerous wild animal, including the scientific and common names of the animal, the name that the person has given the animal, the animal's sex, age, color, and weight, and any distinguishing marks or coloration that would aid in the identification of the animal;
(4) The name, address, and telephone number of the veterinarian that provides veterinary care to the dangerous wild animal;
(5) Any other information required by the director in rules.
(C) Beginning ninety days after the director adopts rules under division (A) of section 935.17 of the Revised Code, a person that has registered a dangerous wild animal under this section shall comply with the applicable requirements regarding the care and housing of dangerous wild animals established in those rules.
(D) A person that registers a dangerous wild animal under this section shall have permanently implanted in the dangerous wild animal a microchip at the time of registration. The microchip shall have an identification number that is unique to the microchip. In addition, the microchip shall contain a passive integrated transponder, which shall have a frequency of one hundred twenty-five, one hundred thirty-four and two-tenths, or four hundred kilohertz.
(E) A person that possesses a registered dangerous wild animal on October 1, 2013, and that wishes to continue to possess the dangerous wild animal on and after January 1, 2014, shall obtain a wildlife shelter permit issued under section 935.06 of the Revised Code or a wildlife propagation permit issued under section 935.07 of the Revised Code.
Cite as R.C. § 935.04
History. Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.113, SB 310, §1, eff. 9/5/2012.