(A) There is hereby created in the state treasury the dangerous and restricted animal fund, which shall consist of all of the following:
(1) Money collected from permit application fees under this chapter;
(B) Money in the fund shall be used for any of the following purposes:
(1) Administration and enforcement of this chapter and rules;
(2) Compensation of the department of natural resources or the state highway patrol for the costs incurred in capturing or destroying a dangerous wild animal or restricted snake pursuant to section 935.16 of the Revised Code;
(3) Compensation of the departments of natural resources and health, the state highway patrol, and boards of health for the costs incurred in conducting investigations and quarantining or transferring a dangerous wild animal or restricted snake pursuant to section 935.20 of the Revised Code;
(4) Compensation of a facility that is on the list maintained by the director of agriculture under division (K) of section 935.20 of the Revised Code and that accepts a dangerous wild animal or restricted snake pursuant to that section.
(C) Investment earnings of the fund shall be credited to the fund.
Cite as R.C. § 935.25
History. Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.113, SB 310, §1, eff. 9/5/2012.