(A) There is hereby created in the state treasury the dangerous and restricted animal fund, which shall consist of all of the following:
(1) Money collected from permit application fees under this chapter;
(B) Money in the fund shall be used for any of the following purposes:
(1) Administration and enforcement of this chapter and rules;
(2) Compensation of the department of natural resources or the state highway patrol for the costs incurred in capturing or destroying a dangerous wild animal or restricted snake pursuant to section 935.16 of the Revised Code;
(3) Compensation of the departments of natural resources and health, the state highway patrol, and boards of health for the costs incurred in conducting investigations and quarantining or transferring a dangerous wild animal or restricted snake pursuant to section 935.20 of the Revised Code;
(4) Compensation of a facility that is on the list maintained by the director of agriculture under division (K) of section 935.20 of the Revised Code and that accepts a dangerous wild animal or restricted snake pursuant to that section.
(C) Investment earnings of the fund shall be credited to the fund.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.113, SB 310, §1, eff. 9/5/2012.