(A) No person shall engage in the business of disposing of, picking up, rendering, or collecting raw rendering material or transporting the material to a composting facility without a license to do so from the department of agriculture.
(B) This chapter does not apply to any of the following:
(1) A farmer who slaughters the farmer's own animals, raised by the farmer on the farmer's own farm, processes the farmer's own meat therefrom, and disposes of the farmer's raw rendering material only by delivery to a person licensed under section 953.23 of the Revised Code;
(2) A person whose only connection with raw rendering material is curing hides and skins;
(3) A person whose only connection with raw rendering material is operating a pet cemetery;
(5) A person whose only connection with raw rendering material is trapping wild animals in accordance with a nuisance wild animal permit issued by the chief of the division of wildlife in the department of naturalresources under rules adopted pursuant to section 1531.08 of the Revised Code;
(6) A county dog warden or animal control officer who transports raw rendering material only for disposal purposes.
Amended by 128th General AssemblyFile No.9, HB 1, §101.01, eff. 7/17/2009.
Effective Date: 08-10-1994