(A) As used in this section:
(1) "State agency" means any organized body, office, agency, institution, or other entity established by the laws of the state for the exercise of any function of state government, including state institutions of higher education, as defined in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code.
(2) "Political subdivision" has the meaning defined in section 2744.01 of the Revised Code.
(B) If a section of the Revised Code or an administrative rule requires a state agency or a political subdivision to publish a notice or advertisement two or more times in a newspaper of general circulation and the section or administrative rule refers to this section, the first publication of the notice or advertisement shall be made in its entirety in a newspaper of general circulation and may be made in a preprinted insert in the newspaper, but the second publication otherwise required by that section or administrative rule may be made in abbreviated form in a newspaper of general circulation in the state or in the political subdivision, as designated in that section or administrative rule, and on the newspaper's internet web site, if the newspaper has one. The state agency or political subdivision may eliminate any further newspaper publications required by that section or administrative rule, provided that the second, abbreviated notice or advertisement meets all of the following requirements:
(1) It is published in the newspaper of general circulation in which the first publication of the notice or advertisement was made .
(2) It is posted by the publisher of the newspaper on the official public notice web site established under section 125.182 of the Revised Code. The publisher shall post the required notice or advertisement on the web site at no additional cost.
(3) It includes a title, followed by a summary paragraph or statement that clearly describes the specific purpose of the notice or advertisement, and includes a statement that the notice or advertisement is posted in its entirety on the official public notice web site. The notice or advertisement also may be posted on the state agency's or political subdivision's internet web site.
(4) It includes the internet address of the official public notice web site and the name, address, telephone number, and electronic mail address of the state agency, political subdivision, or other party responsible for publication of the notice or advertisement.
(C) A notice or advertisement published under this section on an internet web site shall be published in its entirety in accordance with the section of the Revised Code or the administrative rule that requires the publication.
(D) If the official public notice web site established under section 125.182 of the Revised Code is not operational, the state agency or political subdivision shall not publish a notice or advertisement under this section, but instead shall comply with the publication requirements of the section of the Revised Code or the administrative rule that refers to this section.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 483, §101.01, eff. 9/15/2014.
Amended by 129th General AssemblyFile No.127, HB 487, §101.01, eff. 9/10/2012.
Added by 129th General AssemblyFile No.28, HB 153, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2011.