(A) There is hereby created the government contracting advisory council. The attorney general and auditor of state shall consult with the council on the performance of their rule-making functions under sections 9.237 and 9.238 of the Revised Code and shall consider any recommendations of the council. The medicaid director shall annually report to the council the cost methodology of the medicaid-funded services described in division (A)(3)(d) of section 9.231 of the Revised Code. The council shall consist of the following members or their designees:
(1) The attorney general;
(2) The auditor of state;
(3) The director of administrative services;
(4) The director of aging;
(5) The medicaid director;
(6) The director of budget and management;
(7) The director of development services;
(8) The director of job and family services;
(9) The director of mental health and addiction services;
(10) The director of developmental disabilities;
(11) The director of rehabilitation and correction;
(12) The administrator of workers' compensation;
(13) The executive director of the county commissioners' association of Ohio;
(14) The president of the Ohio grantmakers forum;
(15) The president of the Ohio chamber of commerce;
(16) The president of the Ohio state bar association;
(17) The president of the Ohio society of certified public accountants;
(18) The executive director of the Ohio association of nonprofit organizations;
(19) The president of the Ohio united way;
(20) One additional member appointed by the attorney general;
(21) One additional member appointed by the auditor of state.
(B) If an agency or organization represented on the council ceases to exist in the form it has on September 29, 2005, the successor agency or organization shall be represented in its place. If there is no successor agency or organization, or if it is not clear what agency or organization is the successor, the attorney general shall designate an agency or organization to be represented in place of the agency or organization originally represented on the council.
(C) The two members appointed to the council shall serve three-year terms. Original appointments shall be made not later than sixty days after September 29, 2005. Vacancies on the council shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
(D) The attorney general or the attorney general's designee shall be the chairperson of the council. The council shall meet at least once every two years to review the rules adopted under sections 9.237 and 9.238 of the Revised Code and to make recommendations to the attorney general and auditor of state regarding the adoption, amendment, or repeal of those rules. The council shall also meet at other times as requested by the attorney general or auditor of state.
(E) Members of the council shall serve without compensation or reimbursement.
(F) The office of the attorney general shall provide necessary staff, facilities, supplies, and services to the council.
(G) Sections 101.82 to 101.87 of the Revised Code do not apply to the council.
Amended by 130th General Assembly File No. 25, HB 59, §101.01, eff. 9/29/2013.
Amended by 128th General Assemblych.28,SB 79, §1, eff. 10/6/2009.
Effective Date: 09-29-2005