Section 3715.89 | Dangerous drug donation requirements.
(A) Subject to divisions (B) and (C) of this section, any manufacturer of dangerous drugs, terminal distributor of dangerous drugs, or wholesale distributor of dangerous drugs may donate a dangerous drug, including a dangerous drug that has expired, to a pharmacy school.
(B) A dangerous drug donation to a pharmacy school shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) The dangerous drug is not a controlled substance.
(2) Each container in which a dangerous drug is donated contains a single national drug code number of that drug and no other drugs.
(3) If the dangerous drug is of a type that deteriorates with time, the container in which the drug is contained is plainly marked with the drug's expiration date.
(C) A dangerous drug donation to a pharmacy school shall be accompanied by a form signed by a representative of the manufacturer, terminal distributor, or wholesale distributor donating the drug. On delivery, a representative of the pharmacy school accepting the drug donation shall also sign the form. The form shall do both of the following:
(1) Confirm the acceptance of the dangerous drug donation by the pharmacy school;
(2) Confirm that both the manufacturer, terminal distributor, or wholesale distributor donating the dangerous drug and the pharmacy school accepting the donation understand the immunity provisions of section 3719.92 of the Revised Code.
Available Versions of this Section
- September 12, 2008 – House Bill 283 - 127th General Assembly [ View September 12, 2008 Version ]