Chapter 3318-1 Organization
(A) The commission shall consist of three voting members: the director of the office of budget and management, the director of the department of administrative services, and an appointee by the governor, or their designees.
(1) A vacancy for the member appointed by the governor shall be filled in the same manner as provided for the original appointment.
(2) If a voting member assigns a designee, the member shall submit a letter of assignment to the secretary of the commission to indicate the designation in that member's absence. The letter should indicate whether the designee is assigned for one meeting or for a specific period of time to carry out all duties on the member's behalf.
(3) Once assigned, a designee shall have the same voting powers and duties as the commission member.
(B) Members of the commission shall serve without compensation.
(C) The commission shall be served by a secretary of the commission, who shall be a designated employee of the commission.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3318-1-01
(A) Including the organizational meeting, the commission shall meet at least once each calendar year.
(B) Meetings of the commission may be held anywhere in the state.
(C) Organizational meetings of the commission shall be held at the first meeting of each calendar year. At each organizational meeting, the commission shall elect from among its members a chair and vice-chair, who shall serve until the next annual organizational meeting.
(D) The vice chair will preside at any meeting of the commission at which the chair is not present. If the chair and vice-chair are not present but represented by designees, then the meeting shall be chaired by the remaining member.
(E) Two members of the commission constitute a quorum, and the affirmative vote of two members is necessary for approval of any action taken by the commission.
(F) Regular meetings of the commission shall be held as determined necessary by the chair.
(G) Special meetings of the commission shall be held as determined necessary by the chair, when such action is beneficial to avoiding delays or increased costs on projects or as needed for other actions that need immediate attention.
(H) Members shall be given advance notice of the agenda of each regular meeting by the secretary of the commission.
(I) Except as otherwise provided by rule or action of the commission, all proceedings of the commission shall be governed by parliamentary rules as set forth in "Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised."
(J) The order of business for regular meetings of the commission shall be at the discretion of the chair, but shall generally include the following:
(1) Call to order;
(2) Roll call;
(3) Approval of minutes from previous meeting;
(4) Consideration of policies and other items;
(5) Report of the executive director;
(6) Public comment at the discretion of the chair
(K) The commission may approve multiple items listed on an appendix or exhibit in one vote.
(L) Any person requesting to present testimony at a commission meeting shall submit a "Testimony Request Slip," the form of which shall be provided by the commission and shall ask for the following information:
(1) Speaker's name, address, telephone number and email address;
(2) Organization/group affiliations, if any;
(3) Subject matter of testimony; and
(4) A listing of any exhibits, including written statements, to be submitted to the commission.
(M) The chair may impose such procedural and subject matter restrictions on public testimony as the chair determines appropriate. No person shall be permitted to speak at a commission meeting unless acknowledged by the chair.
(N) The secretary of the commission shall keep minutes of all meetings.
(1) The meeting minutes shall consist of a summary of the meeting which reflects the discussion at the meeting and the official action taken by the commission and the vote thereon, except that the minutes need only reflect the general subject matter of discussions in executive sessions authorized under section 121.22 of the Revised Code.
(2) After each meeting, the secretary of the commission shall cause the minutes to be promptly prepared, filed and maintained.
(3) The minutes of each meeting shall be considered at the next meeting of the commission. After approval of the minutes by the commission, the minutes shall constitute the official minutes of the commission and shall be maintained by the secretary of the commission and open to public inspection during normal business hours.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3318-1-02
(A) In accordance with division (F) of section 121.22 of the Revised Code, notice of the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings of the commission shall be made available to the general public.
(B) Any person may determine the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings and the time, place, and purpose of all special meetings of the commission by:
(1) Writing to the following address: "Commission Secretary, 30 W. Spring Street, 4th Floor, Columbus, OH 43215"; or
(2) Contacting the commission secretary at 614-466-6290 or by electronic mail at email@example.com; or
(C) Notice of all the commission's meetings must be posted on the commission website prior to the meeting and be provided to the Gongwer and Hannah news services.
(D) The commission shall provide notification in the following manner:
(1) For regular meetings such notice shall be given at least one week prior to the regular meeting and shall specify the time and place of the meeting.
(2) For special meetings of a non-emergency nature, such notice shall be given at least twenty-four hours before the special meeting and shall specify the time, place and purpose of the meetings.
(3) For special meetings of an emergency nature, such notice shall be given immediately upon the calling of the meeting and shall specify the time, place and purpose of the meetings.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 3318-1-03