(A) The disposition of all surplus state property shall be accomplished pursuant to this rule.
(B) The department of administrative services, bureau of investment recovery services, after receiving notice from a state department, agency or commission of the existence of surplus state property, shall take possession of such property for purposes of disposal.
(C) Disposal of surplus state property may be by:
(1) Transfer to another state department, agency or commission in need of the surplus property or supplies;
(2) Sealed bid sale pursuant to an invitation to bid mailed to all persons contained on the bidders list for the type of property to be sold;
(3) Auction, when it would result in the most profitable and expeditious manner in which to dispose of the property;
(4) Telephone bid sale, when less than five of the persons on an active bidder's list have expressed an interest in the property;
(5) Appraised value sale, restricted to special purpose equipment and to perishable commodities, when it has been determined that such a sale is in the best interests of the state;
(6) Term contract, for the sale of items continually available throughout the year;
(7) Individual negotiated sale, when it has been determined that an unique item cannot be sold according to any of the other methods contained in this rule;
(8) Direct purchase of surplus state highway patrol vehicles by the political subdivisions within the state, limited to no more than three vehicles at any one time and only after a written request to the department of administrative services.
Five Year Review Date: