(A) Sports gaming proprietors, mobile management service providers, and management service providers are not permitted to operate any sports gaming equipment unless such equipment is approved by the executive director and included in the commission's database. All sports gaming equipment must be evaluated by a certified independent testing laboratory prior to approval and inclusion in the commission's database, unless otherwise approved by the executive director.
(B) When sports gaming equipment is required to be tested by a certified independent testing laboratory, the sports gaming proprietor or sports gaming supplier applicant or licensee making the submission must adhere to the following:
(1) Submit a written request to a certified independent testing laboratory that, at a minimum, specifically references the scientific testing and technical evaluation necessary to determine compliance with Chapter 3775. of the Revised Code and the rules adopted thereunder, as well as the applicable standards in the appendix to this rule, and identifies the sports gaming equipment at issue;
(2) Submit all necessary items and information to the certified independent testing laboratory;
(3) Pay all costs associated with the scientific testing and technical evaluation performed by the certified independent testing laboratory;
(4) Engage no more than one certified independent testing laboratory to perform scientific testing and technical evaluation of any particular version of sports gaming equipment software, hardware, or other technology without prior written authorization from the executive director; and
(5) Submit any items or information pertaining to the sports gaming equipment to the commission, if requested.
(C) The executive director may require previously approved sports gaming equipment to be evaluated or re-evaluated by a certified independent testing laboratory if it is determined that the equipment fails to meet any of the requirements of Chapter 3775. of the Revised Code or the rules adopted thereunder or jeopardizes the integrity of sports gaming in any way.
(D) Sports gaming equipment tested by a certified independent testing laboratory will not be included in the commission's database unless the executive director approves the test results.
(E) Sports gaming equipment software components deemed to be critical must be capable of verification utilizing a verification method approved by the executive director.
Last updated August 15, 2022 at 8:41 AM