(A) "A.C.P.E." means the accreditation council for pharmacy education.
(B) "Continuing education unit" or "C.E.U." means ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing pharmacy education experience presented by a provider listed in paragraph (C) of this rule.
(C) "Continuing pharmacy education" or "continuing education", as required in section 4729.12 of the Revised Code, is defined as post-licensure pharmacy education undertaken to maintain professional competency to practice pharmacy, improve professional skills, and preserve uniform qualifications for continuing the practice of the profession for the purpose of protecting public health and welfare. Continuing pharmacy education may be obtained from any of the following providers:
(1) A pharmacy jurisprudence program pursuant to paragraph (E) of this rule;
(2) An approved in-state provider of volunteer healthcare services in accordance rule 4729-6-03 of the Administrative Code;
(3) An A.C.P.E. accredited continuing education provider.
(D) "In-state provider" means an Ohio provider approved by the state board of pharmacy to provide the following continuing pharmacy education:
(1) Board approved pharmacy jurisprudence in accordance with paragraph (E)(2) of this rule; or
(2) Volunteer healthcare services in accordance with paragraph (C)(2) of this rule.
(E) "Pharmacy jurisprudence" continuing education shall include any of the following:
(1) An A.C.P.E. law program as identified by A.C.P.E numbering convention "03";
(2) A board of pharmacy approved continuing education program provided by an in-state approved jurisprudence provider in accordance with rule 4729-6-02 of the Administrative Code that pertains to current or recent changes to laws, rules, and regulations relating to the practice of pharmacy; or
(3) A program presented by the state board of pharmacy that pertains to current or recent changes to laws, rules, and regulations relating to the practice of pharmacy.
(F) All C.E.U.s obtained from an approved in-state provider prior to the effective date of this rule shall be deemed valid for pharmacist continuing education requirements pursuant to Chapter 4729:1-5 of the Administrative Code.
Last updated November 15, 2023 at 4:10 PM