As used in Chapter 4729:1-5 of the Administrative Code:
(A) "A.C.P.E." means the accreditation council for pharmacy education.
(B) "Board approved pharmacy practice-specific specialty certification program" means a practice-specific specialty certification program approved by the state board of pharmacy. The board shall adopt a resolution of the approved programs and make a list of the approved programs available on its website (www.pharmacy.ohio.gov). At a minimum, such pharmacy practice-specific specialty certification programs shall consist of:
(1) Periodic recertification examinations;
(2) Documentation by the certification program that the pharmacist is currently certified by the program;
(3) Other requirements as determined by the board.
(C) "Continuing education unit" or "C.E.U." means ten contact hours of participation in an organized continuing pharmacy education experience presented by a provider listed in paragraph (D) of this rule.
(D) "Continuing pharmacy education" or "continuing education", as required in section 4729.12 of the Revised Code, means post-licensure pharmacy education undertaken to maintain professional competency to practice pharmacy, improve professional skills, and preserve uniform qualifications for continuing the practice of the profession for the purpose of protecting public health and welfare. Continuing pharmacy education may be obtained from any of the following providers:
(1) A pharmacy jurisprudence program pursuant to paragraph (F) of this rule;
(3) An A.C.P.E. accredited continuing education provider.
(E) "One-third of a licensee's continuing education requirement" as used in division (C) of section 4745.04 of the Revised Code and paragraph (H) of rule 4729:1-5-02 of the Administrative Code, means the total number of required C.E.U.s for licensure renewal divided by three and rounded down to the nearest whole number.
(F) "Pharmacy jurisprudence" continuing education shall include any of the following:
(1) An A.C.P.E. law program as identified by A.C.P.E numbering convention "03";
(2) A board of pharmacy approved continuing education program provided by an in-state approved jurisprudence provider pursuant to rule 4729-6-02 of the Administrative Code that pertains to current or recent changes to laws, rules, and regulations relating to the practice of pharmacy; or
(3) A program presented by the state board of pharmacy that pertains to current or recent changes to laws, rules, and regulations relating to the practice of pharmacy.
(G) "Patient or medication safety" means an A.C.P.E. continuing education program identified by the A.C.P.E. numbering convention "05" that deals with the prevention of healthcare errors and the elimination or mitigation of patient injury caused by healthcare errors.
(H) "Veteran" means anyone who is serving or has served under honorable conditions in any component of the armed forces, including the national guard and reserve.
Last updated November 15, 2023 at 4:10 PM