(A) "Unlicensed personnel" means any person who is on the job trained and not holding a valid license to practice athletic training in Ohio under sections 4755.60 to 4755.65 of the Revised Code who supports the delivery of athletic training services by personally assisting the Ohio-licensed athletic trainer while the athletic trainer is concurrently providing services to the same individual.
(B) The Ohio-licensed athletic trainer performs the following, none of which may be assigned to unlicensed personnel.
(1) Interpreting available information concerning the referral.
(2) Performing the initial evaluation.
(3) Initiating or adjusting treatment procedures or activities.
(4) Planning patient care.
(C) Unlicensed personnel may only be assigned routine duties and tasks that assist in the delivery of athletic training and operations, such as:
(1) Maintenance and care of equipment and supplies.
(2) Preparation, maintenance, and cleaning of treatment areas.
(3) Personally assisting the athletic trainer while the athletic trainer is concurrently providing services to the same individual.
(D) Supervision of unlicensed personnel.
(1) Direct supervision from the Ohio-licensed athletic trainer is required whenever unlicensed personnel are performing activities related to the delivery of athletic training services identified in paragraph (C) of this rule.
(2) "Direct supervision" means at the same location and available to immediately respond to the needs of the individual.
(3) The supervising athletic trainer is accountable and responsible at all times for the actions of all unlicensed personnel supervised by the supervising athletic trainer.